Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
hidden, but needed
- Our earth observation validation paper got featured in Editors’ Vox @AGU_eos
- Johannes Böhm is the new EGU Division President for Geodesy
- Our paper on canopy transmittance was selected as a featured article
- Extragalactic radio sources on TU Wien Owl
- Phd Defense Anastasiia Girdiuk
- C. Albergel, S. Munier, D. Leroux, H. Dewaele, D. Fairbairn, A. Barbu, E. Gelati, W. Dorigo, S. Faroux, C. Meurey, P. Le Moigne, B. Decharme, J. Mahfouf, J.C. Calvet:
Sequential assimilation of satellite-derived vegetation and soil moisture products using SURFEX_v8.0: LDAS-Monde assessment over the Euro-Mediterranean area
Geoscientific Model Development, 10 (2017), 3889 - 3912. [ More information ]
- M. Schindelegger, D. Salstein, D. Einspigel, C. Mayerhofer:
Diurnal atmosphere-ocean signals in Earth´s rotation rate and a possible modulation through ENSO
Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 44 (2017), 2755 - 2762.
- M. Forkel, W. Dorigo, G. Lasslop, I. Teubner, E. Chuvieco, K. Thonicke:
A data-driven approach to identify controls on global fire activity from satellite and climate observations (SOFIA V1)
Geoscientific Model Development, 10 (2017), 4443 - 4476. [ More information ]
- J. Sun, G. Tang, F. Shu, X. Li, S. Liu, J. Cao, A. Hellerschmied, J. Böhm, L. McCallum, J. McCallum, J. Lovell, R. Haas, A. Neidhardt, W. Lu, S. Han, T. Ren, L. Chen, M. Wang, J. Ping:
VLBI observations to the APOD satellite
Advances in Space Research, available online (2017).
- N. Li, N. Pfeifer, C. Liu:
Tensor-Based Sparse Representation Classification for Urban Airborne LiDAR Points
Remote Sensing, 9 (2017), 12; 1216-1 - 1216-22. [ More information ]