Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
- State of the Climate Report 2014
- OPALS 2.1.5 released
- Schaltsekunde: Der Juni 2015 dauert eine Sekunde länger
- Education Award: Böhm & Ortag ausgezeichnet
- New VLBI telescope on the Azores
- W. Dorigo, C. Reimer, D. Chung, R. Parinussa, T. Melzer, W. Wagner, R. De Jeu, R. Kidd:
[Hydrological cycle] Soil Moisture [in "State of the Climate in 2014"]
Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 96 (2015), 7; 28 - 29.
- A. Flores-Orozco, M. Velimirovic, T. Tosco, A. Kemna, H. Sapion, N. Klaas, R. Sethi, B. Leen:
Monitoring the injection of microscale zero-valent iron particles for groundwater remediation by means of complex electrical conductivity imaging
Environmental Science and Technology, 49 (2015), 5593 - 5600. [ More information ]
- E. Lindberg, J. Roberge, T. Johansson, J. Hjältén:
Can Airborne Laser Scanning (ALS) and Forest Estimates Derived from Satellite Images Be Used to Predict Abundance and Species Richness of Birds and Beetles in Boreal Forest?
Remote Sensing, 7 (2015), 4233 - 4252. [ More information ]
- U. Gessner, M. Machwitz, T. Esch, A. Tillack, V. Naeimi, C Künzer, S. Dech:
Multi-sensor mapping of West African land cover using MODIS, ASAR and TanDEM-X/TerraSAR-X data
Remote Sensing of Environment, 164 (2015), 282 - 297.
- L. Ciabatta, L. Brocca, C. Massari, T. Moramarco, S. Puca, A. Rinollo, S. Gabellani, W. Wagner:
Integration of Satellite Soil Moisture and Rainfall Observations over the Italian Territory
Journal Of Hydrometeorology, 16 (2015), 3; 1341 - 1355.