Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
hidden, but needed
- Best Paper Awards for Flores-Orozco, Gruber & Krasna
- ESA Video with Interview with Wolfgang Wagner
- APOLLO project website is online
- WoMen4Math&Geo online
- 7th VieVS User Workshop
- M. Grillakis, A. Koutroulis, J. Komma, I. Tsanis, W. Wagner, G. Blöschl:
Initial soil moisture effects on flash flood generation - A comparison between basins of contrasting hydro-climatic conditions
Journal of Hydrology, 541, Part A (2016), 206 - 217.
- M. Enenkel, C. Reimer, W. Dorigo, W. Wagner, I. Pfeil, R. Parinussa, R. De Jeu:
Combining satellite observations to develop a global soil moisture product for near-real-time applications
Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 20 (2016), 4191 - 4208. [ More information ]
- C. Rüdiger, C. Su, D. Ryu, W. Wagner:
Disaggregation of Low-Resolution L-Band Radiometry Using C-Band Radar Data
IEEE Geoscience And Remote Sensing Letters, 13 (2016), 10; 1425 - 1429.
- J. Eitel, B. Höfle, L. Vierling, A. Abellán, G. Asner, J. Deems, C. Glennie, P. Joerg, A. LeWinter, T. Magney, G. Mandlburger, D. Morton, J. Müller, K. Vierling:
Beyond 3-D: The new spectrum of lidar applications for earth and ecological sciences
Remote Sensing of Environment, 186 (2016), 372 - 392.
- A. Djuricic, P. Dorninger, C. Nothegger, M. Harzhauser, B. Székely, S. Rasztovits, O. Mandic, G. Molnar, N. Pfeifer:
High-resolution 3D surface modeling of a fossil oyster reef
Geosphere, 12 (2016), 5.