Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
hidden, but needed
- L. Piermattei, L. Carturan, F. de Blasi, P. Tarolli, G. Dalla Fontana, A. Vettore, N. Pfeifer:
Suitability of ground-based SfM-MVS for monitoring glacial and periglacial processes
Earth Surface Dynamics, 4 (2016), 425 - 443.
- C. Ressl, H. Brockmann, G. Mandlburger, N. Pfeifer:
Dense Image Matching vs. Airborne Laser Scanning - Comparison of two methods for deriving terrain models
Photogrammetrie, Fernerkundung, Geoinformation, 2016 (2016), 2; 57 - 73.
- S. Schlaffer, M. Chini, D. Dettmering, W. Wagner:
Mapping Wetlands in Zambia Using Seasonal Backscatter Signatures Derived from ENVISAT ASAR Time Series
Remote Sensing, 8 (2016), 5; 402:1 - 402:24. [ More information ]
- J. de Fouw, L. Govers, J. van de Koppel, J. van Belzen, W. Dorigo, M. Cheikh, M. Christianen, K. van der Reijden, M. van der Geest, T. Piersma, A. Smolders, H. Olff, L. Lamers, T. van der Heide:
Drought, Mutualism Breakdown, and Landscape-Scale Degradation of Seagrass Beds
Current Biology, 26 (2016), 8; 1051 - 1056.
- M. Enenkel, C. Steiner, T. Mistelbauer, W. Dorigo, W. Wagner, L. See, C. Atzberger, S. Schneider, E. Rogenhofer:
A Combined Satellite-Derived Drought Indicator to Support Humanitarian Aid Organizations
Remote Sensing, 8 (2016), 4. [ More information ]